Region: Susanville/Lassen Country|
Address: 2950 Riverside Dr., Susanville, CA 96130
• The 30-mile Bizz Johnson National Recreation Trail follows the route of the historic Fernley and Lassen Railroad, leading hikers, mountain bikers, and equestrians on a gentle, meandering course along the tranquil, forested banks of the Susan River.
• Eagle Lake, the second-largest natural lake in California, is known for its trophy-sized trout, and offers excellent developed campgrounds, a marina, and beaches.
• The rugged Fort Sage Off-Highway Vehicle Area offers trails to suit every riding ability.
• The backcountry of the Skedaddle Mountains offers cross-country hiking through isolated desert canyons.The Skedaddles are home to wild horses, mule deer and pronghorn antelope.
• Those with adventurous hearts can explore the Nobles Immigrant National Historic Trail or Buckhorn Backcountry Byway.