Region: Alturas/Modoc Country
Address: 708 W 12th Street, Alturas, CA 96101
• Devil’s Garden Mountain Bike Area is made up of 3 miles of steep pavement and 2.3 miles of flat dirt roads appealing to beginners and advanced riders alike.
• Woodland Jurassic Mountain Bike Area offers 8.6 miles of dirt road with gentle slopes and level ground, great vistas of the Warner Mountains, with a super-scenic canyon.
• Likely Mountain Challenge Mountain Bike Area offers 7.2 miles of dirt road and 2.2 miles of old broken highway for the advanced rider wanting to tackle steep pulls.
• A long the Pit River, the largest river in northeastern California, the Pit River Campground offers camping, fishing, kayaking and wildlife viewing near the town of Fall River Mills.
• If you are looking for a backcountry experience, this area offers numerous Wilderness Study Areas for exploration.